– We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through our website.
– We only store personal information for as long as we have reason to do so.
– We aim for complete transparency on how we gather, use and share your personal information.
– Our website https://djagency.co.
Below we explain how we collect, use and share information about you, along with the choices available to you with respect to that information.
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so. For example, you sign up for DJ promotion, want to advertise a job, or would like to receive job notifications.
This notice applies to all the information collected or submitted on the DJ Agency Co website. On some pages of our website you can create a profile, sign up for a membership, contact DJs for bookings, view job listings, apply for jobs, contact us or request a list of DJ names for your event. The types of personal information collected on these pages include:
– Email address
– Credit / Debit card information
– Phone number
– Details about your event
– Details about you as a DJ
– Your profile photo
– External links to your mix sets
1) DJ Profiles
We use the information you provide about yourself on your own page on the website. This data is full controlled by you and can be modified at any time. If you would like your profile and it’s data removed fully from our website, email email@example.com to request this. When a membership lapses, is cancelled, or expires, ALL data we hold for you is completely removed from our server with no trace left.
If you add a DJ profile and do not complete the full account creation process, your profile and all of its data is automatically removed / purged from our server within 1 day. Absolutely no information is left in our system.
2) Booking Requests
In order to receive booking request through your profile a form is placed on your page. This works by sending an email to the address you enter in your account. This email address is only view-able by you and no third parties see this email address. You can remove the email address at any time yourself through your account.
3) Job Applications
Job applications are sent direct to the people who we advertise jobs for. Our server keeps a record of sent applications for up to 90 days.
4) Advertising a Job
When we advertise your job a member of our staff fully rewrites your job brief. At no time is the email you sent with your job brief shared, or viewed by anyone. If you would like your job details removed fully from our website, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request this.
5) General Contact
When we receive a general email through the contact form on the ‘About Us’ page we use the return email address to answer and reply to the email. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and never shared with any third parties.
6) Job Notification Sign Up
We feature a job notification feature on our main jobs page and individual jobs pages. The sign ups are handled by an external website – Sendinblue – and are all completely double opt in. No action will be taken unless you opt in twice. The only information we receive is your email address and your name (if entered by you). This information is stored at Sendinblue and not on our website. You can unsubscribe from job notifications at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the emails. Every email address we have is double opt in because we sent out a special GDPR request. Emails are not shared with any third parties or seen by anyone.
7) DJ Sign Up
We use the information you provide when signing up as a DJ to set up your membership and complete that order. All information you provide is view-able in the member area of the website. Your payment information is not stored with our website (only externally by PayPal, Stripe or Braintree). We do keep a token which allows for payments to be taken in accordance with your chosen membership. This information is not shared with any third parties and never used for any other purpose. When a membership lapses, is cancelled, or expires, ALL data we hold for you is completely removed from our server with no trace left.
We also collect other information automatically:
– Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our service online. As an example, we collect information about the actions users perform on our website – a kind of “who did what, and when”. We also collect information about what happens when you use our services (page views site use) to enable us to provide our services to you, as well as get insights into the way people use our service.
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
1) The use is necessary in order to fulfil our commitments to you under our Sign Up Terms or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account–for example,
2) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
3) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
4) We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or
We do not share any information about you with any third parties or companies. The only information we share is the information you provide on your DJ profile, when you apply for a job, or advertise a job. However, we may need to share information about you in one of the following circumstances:
Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
Disputes: We may disclose information about you in the event of a dispute in order to deal with the matter.
Information you choose to make public is disclose publicly. That means information from your DJ profile is available for anyone to see online.
Once a DJ no longer has a membership, ALL information such as profile and user data is completely purged from our server. There is literally no trace of any information left. Other information such as IP may still be visible in our security system (CERBER SECURITY) for a certain amount of time after deletion, but no longer than 90 days.
No online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect your information against unauthorised use, access, alteration or destruction. We take reasonable measures to do so, including using MOD_Security and Cerber Security.
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data security and ensure the correct use of information, we have physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
You have some choices available when it comes to information about you:
– If you have a DJ profile with us, you can choose not to provide any information about yourself or provide mixes / a photo. Keep in mind that not providing this information will result in you not receiving booking requests.
– Limit Access to Information On Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile apps. If you do so, you may not be able to use certain features of our website.
– Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies. At this time our website member section does not respond to ‘do not track’ signals. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using our website, with the drawback that certain features may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
– You can close your account at any time if you no longer wish to use our service. When cancelling your membership simply contact us at email@example.com if you would like all of your data removed instantly.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
– Request access to your personal data;
– Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
– Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
– Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
– You can usually access or correct your personal data using your account, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
DJ Agency Co, trading under Marvellous Domains Ltd (10 North Avenue, Southend, Essex, SS25HU) is the controller of personal information, along with our payment providers STRIPE, PAYPAL and BRAINTREE.
You can contact us at email@example.com
We do not use remarketing or personal data services with Google. We do use tracking technology to monitor usage, sales and popular content. This information has an expiry date and no data is kept for longer than 38 months.
Our website uses Social Warfare on certain pages to allow users to share content. These share buttons do not collect any personal data. After clicking a share button, any actions occur afterwards is handled by the particular social network’s API. No action is taken, nor no data transferred until a button is clicked to share.
Protecting the young (18 or under) is important to us. With our website aimed at nightclubs and events, we deem our website not suitable for anyone under 18 years of age. If you are under 18 we ask you not to use our website, or give us your personal information in any way.
You can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect online by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. For privacy and security reasons we will take steps to verify your identity.
Well, you’ve made it right to the end. Nice one, and thanks for reading!
Version 1.1 – Posted 23rd of May 2018 (added slight clarification to HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION – DJ PROFILES).
Version 1 – posted 18th of May 2018.